Research interests are centred on the role of nutrition in the expression and treatment of mental illness, from ADHD to depression to stress following natural disasters. Research methodologies include single case research designs, open label trials and randomized controlled trials.
- Kaplan BJ. and Rucklidge JJ. (2021) The Better Brain Overcome Anxiety, Combat Depression, and Reduce ADHD and Stress with Nutrition. Houghton Mifflin. 368.
- Rucklidge JJ. and Kaplan BJ. (2021) The Better Brain How Nutrition Will Help You Overcome Anxiety, Depression, ADHD and Stress. Random House. 368.
- Blampied M., Tylianakis JM., Bell C., Gilbert C. and Rucklidge JJ. (2023) Efficacy and safety of a vitamin-mineral intervention for symptoms of anxiety and depression in adults: A randomised placebo-controlled trial “NoMAD”. Journal of Affective Disorders 339: 954-964. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jad.2023.05.077.
- Carr AC., Bradley HA., Vlasiuk E., Pierard H., Beddow J. and Rucklidge JJ. (2023) Inflammation and Vitamin C in Women with Prenatal Depression and Anxiety: Effect of Multinutrient Supplementation. Antioxidants 12(4) http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/antiox12040941.
- Freijy TM., Cribb L., Oliver G., Metri NJ., Opie RS., Jacka FN., Hawrelak JA., Rucklidge JJ., Ng CH. and Sarris J. (2023) Effects of a high-prebiotic diet versus probiotic supplements versus synbiotics on adult mental health: The “Gut Feelings” randomised controlled trial. Frontiers in Neuroscience 16 http://dx.doi.org/10.3389/fnins.2022.1097278.