Qualifications & Memberships
Information on PhD and postdoc research opportunities: https://sites.google.com/site/brendonabradley/research/research-opportunities.
Brendon is a Professor of Earthquake Engineering and the Director of QuakeCoRE: The New Zealand Centre for Earthquake Resilience, which is a network of over 250 active researchers and practitioners. His areas of interest include engineering seismology, strong ground motion prediction, seismic response analysis of structural and geotechnical systems, and seismic performance and loss estimation methods. He obtained his Bachelor of Engineering with Honours in 2007 and PhD in 2009. Prior to joining the University of Canterbury in 2010, Brendon worked at GNS Science in Wellington, New Zealand, and as a post-doctoral fellow at Chuo University in Tokyo, Japan. Brendon has received several notable awards for work with collaborators, including, the 2012 Ivan Skinner EQC award for the advancement of earthquake engineering in NZ; 2013 Royal Society of New Zealand Rutherford Discovery Fellowship; 2014 Shamsher Prakash Foundation Research Award; 2014 NZ Engineering Excellence Awards Young Engineer of the Year; 2015 University of Canterbury Teaching Award; 2015 TC203 Young Researcher Award; 2015 EERI Shah Innovation Prize; 2016 ASCE Norman Medal; 2016 NZ Prime Minister’s Emerging Scientist Prize; 2018 NZ Geomechanics Award; and 2021 ISSMGE Bright Spark Lecture Award. [updated May 2021]
For other information, please see Brendon's personal website: https://sites.google.com/site/brendonabradley/home
- Bradley BA., Cubrinovski M. and Wentz F. (2022) PROBABILISTIC SEISMIC HAZARD ANALYSIS OF PEAK GROUND ACCELERATION FOR MAJOR REGIONAL NEW ZEALAND LOCATIONS. Bulletin of the New Zealand Society for Earthquake Engineering 55(1): 15-24. http://dx.doi.org/10.5459/BNZSEE.55.1.15-24.
- Cubrinovski M., Bradley BA., Wentz F. and Balachandra A. (2022) RE-EVALUATION OF NEW ZEALAND SEISMIC HAZARD FOR GEOTECHNICAL ASSESSMENT AND DESIGN. Bulletin of the New Zealand Society for Earthquake Engineering 55(1): 1-14. http://dx.doi.org/10.5459/BNZSEE.55.1.1-14.
- de la Torre CA., Bradley BA. and McGann CR. (2022) 2D Geotechnical site-response analysis including soil heterogeneity and wave scattering. Earthquake Spectra 38(2): 1124-1147. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/87552930211056667.
- Chen Y., Bradley BA. and Baker JW. (2021) Nonstationary spatial correlation in New Zealand strong ground-motion data. Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics 50(13): 3421-3440. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/eqe.3516.
- Dempsey D., Eccles JD., Huang J., Jeong S., Nicolin E., Stolte A., Wotherspoon L. and Bradley BA. (2021) Ground motion simulation of hypothetical earthquakes in the upper North Island of New Zealand. New Zealand Journal of Geology and Geophysics 64(4): 570-588. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00288306.2020.1842469.