The Materials Cluster@UC
The Materials Cluster@UC is a diverse network of researchers who span the various branches of materials research at the University of Canterbury. The network is interdisciplinary, like the broad research field of materials, with members mainly drawn from the College of Science and College of Engineering. Postgraduate researchers are actively involved in Cluster activities. The Cluster encourages collaboration with external academic and industrial partners.
The purpose of the Materials Cluster@UC is to facilitate world-leading materials research at the University of Canterbury by:
- identifying and publicizing existing research strengths
- connecting researchers with existing equipment and expertise
- facilitating teams to identify and apply for equipment funding
- encouraging joint funding proposals to external funders
- introducing new staff and equipment to members
- helping Erskine Fellows connect with UC experts to develop new collaborations
Materials Cluster researchers are a diverse group drawn from Departments and Schools across UC
Need more information?
Civil Mechanical E514
Internal Phone: 92137