Geology and geography labs
Geology field stations, equipment and facilities
Geological Sciences students have access to our well-resourced laboratories and facilities and UC's field stations:
- The Regional Science and Innovation Centre (RCIS)
- Teaching and research laboratories, extensive computer facilities, and electronic and mechanical workshops
- Significant collections of rocks, minerals, geochemical concentrates, macro- and microfossils.
- Field stations for research and teaching in the South Island's diverse and dynamic environment
Find out more on the Geology field stations, equipment and facilities page.
Geography equipment and technology
GeoTAG technical staff and academics have a wealth of experience in a number of cutting-edge geospatial technologies including:
- Available Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS)
- Surveying equipment
- Coastal equipement
- Snow and Ice equipment
- Ground Penetrating Radar
- Meteorology equipment
- Sedimentology equipment
- Air quality equipment
- Hydrology equipment
Find out more on the Geography equipment and technology page.