Qualifications & Memberships
Volker Nock received the Dipl.-Ing. degree in microsystem technology from the Institute for Microsystem Technology (IMTEK) at the Albert-Ludwigs University of Freiburg, Germany in 2005. He wrote his diploma thesis on single-use valves and pumps for transdermal drug delivery at the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm, Sweden. In 2009 he received a Ph.D. degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from the University of Canterbury, New Zealand. His dissertation focused on the control and measurement of dissolved oxygen in microfluidic bioreactors. From 2009 to 2012 he was a MacDiarmid Institute and Marsden Research Fellow at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
He is Co-Director and Principal Investigator with the Biomolecular Interactions Centre, Principal Investigator with the MacDiarmid Institute for Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology and Associate Investigator of the Med
Tech Centre for Research Excellence.
His research interests include micro- and nanofabrication, surface patterning and the application of microfluidics to Lab-on-a-Chip devices. Major research projects he is currently involved in investigate the use of microfluidics to improve the Bioimprint cellular replication and imaging process, measure force patterns in cells and microorganisms using elastomeric micropillars.
- Bernach M., Soffe R., Remus-Emsermann M. and Nock VM. (2019) Micropatterning of hybrid polydimethylsiloxane for replica leaves. Japanese Journal of Applied Physics 58 SDDK01: 1-8. http://dx.doi.org/10.7567/1347-4065/ab0498.
- Hashemi A., Alkaisi M., Ali MA. and Nock VM. (2019) Enhancing the resolution of bioimprinted casein microdevices. International Journal of Nanotechnology 15(8/9/10): 676-682. http://dx.doi.org/10.1504/IJNT.2018.098433.
- Soffe R., Altenhuber N., Bernach M., Remus-Emsermann MNP. and Nock VM. (2019) Comparison of Replica Leaf Surface Materials for Phyllosphere Microbiology. PLoS ONE 14(6) e0218102 http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0218102.
- Soffe R., Bernach M., Remus-Emsermann MNP. and Nock VM. (2019) Replicating Arabidopsis Model Leaf Surfaces for Phyllosphere Microbiology. bioRxiv 523985 http://dx.doi.org/10.1101/523985.
- Baldhoff T., Nock VM. and Marshall A. (2018) Review: Through-Mask Electrochemical Micromachining: A Review. Journal of The Electrochemical Society 165(16): E841-E855. http://dx.doi.org/10.1149/2.1341814jes.