Students considered as self-funded are either:
- Funding their own studies.
- Getting financial help from family or friends.
- Receiving financial assistance from an external funder for onward remittance to the University (excluding New Zealand government student loans and allowances).
Resources to help self-funded research students can be found on the following pages:
- Fees and funding - overview of all student fees and funding information.
- Domestic postgraduate fees - costs for domestic research study.
- International Postgraduate fees - costs for international research study.
- Fees estimator - enter your course codes to find out how much they cost.
- Non-tuition fees - fees and levies may be charged in addition to your tuition fees.
- Cost of living - estimated costs for living in halls of residence, flatting or homestays.
- Tuition fees refunds - you may be eligible for refunds if you withdraw from or change your study.
If you have any questions about fees contact Financial Services on +64 3 364 2987, or visit the Student Services Centre.
Freephone in New Zealand 0800 VARSITY (827 748)
Phone +64 3 369 4999
Te Pātaka - Student hub located in Puaka-James Hight.