Self-funded students

UC 17 0112

Students considered as self-funded are either:

  • Funding their own studies.
  • Getting financial help from family or friends.
  • Receiving financial assistance from an external funder for onward remittance to the University (excluding New Zealand government student loans and allowances).

More information

Resources to help self-funded research students can be found on the following pages:

  • Fees and funding - overview of all student fees and funding information.
  • Domestic postgraduate fees - costs for domestic research study.
  • International Postgraduate fees - costs for international research study.
  • Fees estimator - enter your course codes to find out how much they cost.
  • Non-tuition fees - fees and levies may be charged in addition to your tuition fees.
  • Cost of living - estimated costs for living in halls of residence, flatting or homestays.
  • Tuition fees refunds - you may be eligible for refunds if you withdraw from or change your study.

If you have any questions about fees contact Financial Services on +64 3 364 2987, or visit the Finance Counter at Student Services Centre.

Admissions and Enrolment
Freephone in New Zealand 0800 VARSITY (827 748)
Phone +64 3 364 2555

Student Service Centre
Level 1, Matariki