How to become a research student
The steps below outline the process of finding out more about UC's research projects and how to apply for research study:
The first step is to read about our research and see if your areas of interest are covered by UC's research.
Next, find out which UC staff are involved in your area of interest and get in contact with them to see if there is mutual interest in a research topic.
- Explore UC's research areas and find the research staff associated with each area.
- Search UC Research Profile to find potential supervisors, find their contact information and enquire with them.
- If you are considering a PhD or Doctoral degree you may wish to join an existing (funded) project
- Contact us to discuss finding a supervisor.
Finally, to take the next step to apply for research study at UC:
- Ask your potential supervisor how to apply.
- Apply for study through your college, department or research centre.
- Find more information contact the Postgraduate Office:
Location Postgraduate Office, Level 5, Matariki
Find out more about postgraduate study at UC.