Difficulties and disputes

Academic issues

If you encounter any difficulties during your PhD candidature, including dissatisfaction with your supervision, you are encouraged to initially discuss these with your supervisors. If you feel that issues cannot be directlyraised  with your supervisors or you remain dissatisfied after doing so, then you should contact your Departmental Postgraduate Coordinator (Postgraduate Coordinator List) to discuss the issues.

If you are still dissatisfied, please contact the Dean of Postgraduate Research.

There are a number of additional support services available to students:

UCSA Education Advocate

Phone: (03) 364 3910

Student Support

Student Support
Emergency Phone: 0800 823 637

Raising a concern

The University has a number of process by which a student can raise a concern about any aspect of their student experience. The how to raise a concern section of the UC website provides guidance about these processes.