Human ethics

If your PhD research involves participation of persons who are subjected to experimental procedures, observation, interview, survey or questioning or otherwise used as a source of information or data then you will likely have to apply for approval to conduct your research through the University’s human ethics procedures. The UC Human Ethics website contains information about the process and links to the appropriate application forms.

Animal ethics

If your PhD research involves non-human higher animals with vertebrae then you will need to apply for approval for your research from the University animal ethics committee. Animal Ethics forms and resource links, along with additional information, can be obtained from the UC Animal Ethics webpage.