My research interests include investigating the effectiveness of interventions for children with autism spectrum disorder. This includes research into preference-enhanced communication systems, treatments for sleep disturbance in children with autism, the effects of video self-modelling, and Functional Behavioural Assessment.
- McLay L., Sutherland D., Machalicek W. and Sigafoos J. (2020) Systematic Review of Telehealth Interventions for the Treatment of Sleep Problems in Children and Adolescents. Journal of Behavioral Education http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10864-020-09364-8.
- Waddington H., McLay L., Woods L. and Whitehouse AJO. (2020) Child and Family Characteristics Associated with Sleep Disturbance in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10803-020-04475-7.
- Carnett A., Hansen S., McLay L., Neely L. and Lang R. (2019) Quantitative-Analysis of Behavioral Interventions to Treat Sleep Problems in Children with Autism. Developmental Neurorehabilitation : 1-14. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/17518423.2019.1646340.
- Lang R., Davis T., Ledbetter-Cho K., McLay L., Erhard P. and Wicker M. (2019) Psychological and educational approaches to the treatment of aggression and tantrums in people with intellectual disabilities. In Matson JL (Ed.), Handbook of Intellectual Disabilities: Integrating Theory, Research, and Practice: 645-657. New York: U.S.A.: Springer International Publishing.
- McLay L., Roche L., France KG., Blampied NM., Lang R., France M. and Busch C. (2019) Systematic review of the effectiveness of behaviorally-based interventions for sleep problems in people with rare genetic neurodevelopmental disorders. Sleep Medicine Reviews 46: 54-63. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.smrv.2019.04.004.