My current research is in Turing, history and philosophy of computer science, philosophy of language and logic, philosophy of psychology, philosophy of religion, Wittgenstein, and Popper.
- Copeland BJ. and Proudfoot D. (2017) Turing's Imitation Game: What Does It Tell Us About the Nature of Intelligence? John Findlay Memorial Lecture. Boston University: 11 Dec 2017.
- Copeland BJ. and Proudfoot D. (2017) Connectionism: computing with neurons. The Turing Guide: 309-314.Oxford University Press.
- Proudfoot D. (2017) Alan Turing and evil AI. Zurich Switzerland: ETH Zurich. Republished by Oxford University Press at OUPblog: Oxford University Press's Academic Insights for the Thinking World. [The Turing Conversation].
- Proudfoot D. (2017) Child machines. The Turing Guide: 315-325.Oxford University Press.
- Proudfoot D. (2017) The Turing test--from every angle. The Turing Guide: 287-300.Oxford University Press.