Westpac Champion Business Awards: Winners Announced
19 September 2019
There was plenty of success for UC alumni at last night's Westpac Champion Business Awards, run by Champion Canterbury Ltd.
The annual awards ceremony has been running since 2003 and has evolved into one of the largest business awards ceremonies in Aotearoa New Zealand. The awards recognise and celebrate the excellence, innovation and success of businesses and not-for-profit organisations in Canterbury.
Congratulations to all the winners, including the following UC alumni:
- Medsalv – Oliver Hunt
- Christchurch Engine Centre – Jonas Aust and Ben Bainbury
- Taska Prosthetic – Jamie Cairns
- Ethique – Brianne West
- The New Zealand Merino Company Limited – John Brackenridge
- Canterbury District Health Board – John Wood and David Meates
- Anton Matthews (Fush) – Anton Matthews
- Special Commendation – Bruce Irvine
We would also like to acknowledge our UC alumni who were chosen as finalists:
- ENGEO – Greg Martin
- Berkano Foods – Britteny Bryan
- Totalspan North Canterbury – operated by Jamie and Ellen Petersen under Petersen Construction Ltd
- Jeuneora – Meg Falconer
- Trees for Canterbury – Tim Jenkins
- Can Do Canterbury – Kathryn Jones
For further information please contact:
- All media enquiries are directed to the UC Communications team.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for media enquiries (business hours, Monday - Friday)
- Call 03 369 3631 for media enquiries (business hours, Monday - Friday)
- Call 027 503 0168 for urgent media enquiries (after-hours, Monday - Sunday)
What to read next:
The University of Canterbury’s Head of the School of Forestry, Professor Bruce Manley, has won a Forestry Science Award for his dedication to, and ...
The University of Canterbury’s (UC) new Master of Business Administration (MBA) Programme delivers a course that is more relevant to organisations and ...