New Zealand Excellence Awards for six UC students
09 August 2017
Six talented young University of Canterbury students from India have received New Zealand Excellence Awards from Education New Zealand.
Six talented young University of Canterbury (UC) students from India have received 2017 New Zealand Excellence Awards from Education New Zealand (ENZ) this week.
Presented by the Tertiary Education, Skills and Employment Minister Paul Goldsmith, New Zealand Excellence Awards (NZEA) feature scholarships of $5000, across all eight universities. The scholarships offer an opportunity for Indian students to experience New Zealand excellence in the fields of business, fashion and STEM-related programmes.
Congratulations to the six University of Canterbury award winners:
- Arijit Chakraborty (Pune, Maharashtra) Professional Master of Engineering Geology
- Jenny Karathara James (Kochi, Kerala) Master of Applied Data Science
- Selva Ganapathy Ramasamy (Chennai, Tamil Nadu) Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
- Poonam Saini (Mukerian, Punjab) PostGraduate Diploma in Science (Geology)
- Rushabh Prakash Shah (Pune, Maharashtra) Professional Master of Engineering Geology
- Prachi Jog (Pune, Maharashtra) Master of Science in Applied Psychology
This is the first round of the awards, and each $5000 scholarship is for the first year of study in New Zealand. The scholarships will be awarded again in 2018 with applications due to open on 1 September 2017.
For further information please contact: