UC BUG: UC Bicycle Users Group
Hello and welcome to our UC Bicycle Users Group: UC BUG!
The purpose of a Bicycle Users Group at UC is to further promote and encourage cycling at UC. We have created UC BUG to create a more cohesive cycling community, and to provide a space for cycle support and advocacy for our University community, both on and off campus.
UC BUG aims to:
- Represent cyclists at UC, for both students and staff, alongside already existing cycling groups and clubs on campus
- Provide support to cyclists who use UC cycling facilities
- Encourage more members of the University community to cycle, by raising the profile of cycling at UC
- Run events, social rides, and hold maintenance and safety workshops for our cycling community
- Provide information about cycling facilities, services, infrastructure and cycle routes at UC, and in the city
The group is open to anyone at the University of Canterbury, especially those who cycle and who have an interest in the facilities provided on campus. Undergraduate and postgraduate students, academic and general staff are all welcome to join UC BUG and contribute towards the cycling community at UC.
To sign up to UC BUG via email, please fill in this form. By doing this, you’ll receive occasional emails with information and updates on activities, events and planned rides, as well as invitations to the next UC BUG meet up.
Useful links to get you started:
- UC Cycle Guide
- UC Sustainability Map 2018 (PDF, 1.38MB) (including cycling facilities on campus)
- Cycling at UC: information for staff and students
- UC Campus cycling services and facilities
- Cycling tips and information
- UC Bike
- City wide cycle map from the Christchurch City Council
- Have you liked us on Facebook?