What can I Recycle?
All staff and students can make a difference by sorting their waste correctly to minimise the contamination of campus recycling. If recycling is contaminated, it could go to landfill at a high cost to UC and the environment. Examples of items that must be put in the red landfill bins include;
- Plastic lids off single use takeaway cups
- Yoghurt and cardboard pottles
- Sandwich packs
- Sushi containers
- Cardboard pottles
Find more information about our waste system:
For more information:
- Download a copy of an up-to-date poster UC waste watchers - please recycle (PDF, 2.4MB)
- See Draft University of Canterbury Waste Plan 2014-2022 (PDF)
- See below the new stickers you will see on the bins.
For any queries about these changes, please contact Sustainability Office.