The Sustainability Office has a range of exciting events planned for 2019, which focus on:
- waste management and minimisation
- fair trade
- sustainable transport
- sustainable living
Please check back in on this page for details on our upcoming and most recent events. Most of the events will also be advertised on our UC Sustainability Community Facebook page. If there is an event that you would like to be involved in as a volunteer, or would like more information, please be in touch with us. We would love to hear from you!
UCSA Clubs Day
Come and meet us at reorientation week! The UC Sustainability Team will be on a stall at UCSA's Clubs Day, Tuesday 16th July. Meet the team, ask us about our upcoming events and projects, learn about what we're doing to enhance campus sustainability, or sign up as an Eco Volunteer. See you there!
Plastic Free July
We're celebrating all things plastic free during Plastic Free July 2019! Come along to our zero waste workshop, or win some plastic free goodies over on our Facebook page. We're running giveaways from the 15th - 31st of July, so keep an eye out on or social media.
Zero Waste Workshop (see the Facebook event here)
- When: Tuesday 23rd July, 12pm - 2pm
- Where: The Community Engagement Hub, Rehua 108
- What: A produce bag and beeswax wrap making workshop!
- What to bring: Any fabric or cloth you have (even an old tee shirt will do). We'll supply the rest!
Fairtrade Fortnight, 2nd - 15th August
Did you know UC is a Fair Trade University? Come and celebrate everything fair trade and ethical during this year's Fairtrade Fortnight! We're holding a Fair Trade Fair so you can meet our UC fair trade suppliers, as well as celebrating with more fair trade giveaways over social media. We'll also be sharing our supplier stories over blogs throughout the fortnight.
Fair Trade Fair (see the Facebook event here)
- When: Wednesday 14th August, 11am - 1pm
- Where: TBC
- What: A fair trade supplier fair! Come and meet our wonderful suppliers of the fair trade goodies you get to enjoy on campus. There will be free tastings of coffee, chocolate and more!