Open Men's Basketball
UC RecCentre holds social sport competitions on campus during term time. Find out play ing open basketball at UC.
- FIVE (5) players per team plus UNLIMITED subs
- A minimum of 4 players must start the game, the 5th player must be on court within 5 minutes of game time
- Teams must wear matching bibs (supplied by UC Rec & Sport)
- Teams may register an unlimited number of players, only registered players are permitted to participate.
- 12-minute halves, 2-minute half time (30-minute turn-around time)
- Running clock games
- No 24 sec. shot clock
- 3, 5 and 8-second rules apply
- Teams must be ready before the start of their game.
Normal FIBA Basketball rules apply, except for the following alterations:
- Shooting fouls: If someone is fouled in the act of shooting, the attacking team will receive an automatic 2 points (or 3points) in place of shooting free throws. If someone is fouled in the act of shooting and the shot subsequently goes in then they will automatically receive 1 extra point.
- Substitutions - Unlimited “flying” substitutions.
- Sunday 12pm - 3pm
- Breaks for University holidays
- Draws and other information about the competition will be posted on UC Sport Competitions Facebook Page
Fees to play in the Social Sport Basketball Competition