Prepare yourself to take on a 10km or half marathon event! We have three running groups to join in our programme (bronze, silver, and gold). These groups represent your speed, distance, and experience with running.
It is recommended that you can continuously run at a light pace for 25–30minutes twice a week if you are considering registering for the beginners programme.
Our programme 2023
- On Saturday November 18, 2023 we took part in the Queenstown marathon
- Incorporating 42km, 21km, 10km and 2.2km kids run options, the Queenstown marathon course is set between the backdrop of the world renowned Crown and Remarkable mountain ranges, and includes the best highlights of the Queenstown Lakes region - Millbrook resort, Arrowtown, Lakes Hayes, Shotover River, Lake Wakatipu, Queenstown Gardens and finishing in the heart of Queenstown itself.
Your support package
- Group runs lead by pack leaders to keep you motivated (3 levels to choose from)
- Access to social media community to support you towards your goals - Run Canterbury Facebook page.
- Practical recovery sessions (Foam Rolling)
- Access to discounted Body Scans at the UC Rec Centre
- Training and support
- Pack runs (x2) each week - Tuesday & Thursday
- UC Students, UC Staff, and UC Rec Centre Members - $100.00
- Community - $160.00
- Previous Run Canterbury participant (any year) - $85.00
- Paying off the programme via instalments is no problem and can be organised with our Sports Coordinator.
*Run Canterbury fees do NOT include entry into any event.
For more information
- Contact our Sport Coordinator