Apply for a Staff Parking Permit
An all-year or Semester staff parking permit entitles the permit holder to park in areas designated for staff. Purchase of a permit does not guarantee the holder a parking space. Whilst the purchase of a permit cannot guarantee a parking space, there are several large car parks across the campus for staff and student parking
Cost (GST inclusive)
All-year staff parking permit for 2023 is $1000.
Half year permit is $500 for 2023.
Quarterly permit is $250 for 2023.
Monthly permit is $83.30 for 2023.
Permits are transferable. However, if you forget to transfer your parking permit to another vehicle and you wish to park on campus, a daily coupon must be purchased and displayed appropriately. Failure to do so will result in enforcement action and possible penalty as per the Parking and Traffic Statute 2017.
Obtaining a staff parking permit
Permits will be available from the Security Office at 114 Ilam Road. Please ensure you take your UC Card with you.
- Credit card
- Cheque (made out to The University of Canterbury)
- Paying by salary deduction. Please bring you Staff Canterbury card to the security office to complete application. Options available are:
- Equal fortnightly salary deductions until the parking permit balance is paid in full
- Fortnightly salary deductions of $50 per pay until the parking permit balance is paid in full
- Fortnightly salary deductions of $100 per pay until the parking permit balance is paid in full
Staff must take personal responsibility for paying their own parking fees. University funds cannot be used for this purpose.
Please be aware Lost parking permits will not be replaced as the parking permit once purchaced becomes the holders responsibility,