Welcome Centre Host
Welcome Centre Hosts will welcome international and domestic students and assist them with enrolment appointments, timetable issues, maps, orientation info and other services.
Hours involved in the activity
12 hours minimum. For every 12 hours of active learning you can claim recognition for one skill and one attribute. NB: opportunities only exist to develop the skills and attributes specified for this activity in the grey areas of the table below.
For this activity you can claim a maximum of three learning and development outcomes per year.
Welcome Centre Hosts will undergo a selection process upon application. Applications close Fri, Jan 18th, 2019 at 5:00pm.
Relevant training and continued support will be provided and attendance will be mandatory. Must be available Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2019 for training.
Work readiness skill/Graduate attribute
By actively engaging in this activity, you can claim against the pre-determined intersection points detailed below. You should reflect on your experience and select the WRS/GA intersection point(s) that best represents your learning outcome.
- B1 - Communication - You communicate effectively and appropriately for your audience and easily listen to others.
- B6 - Problem Solving - You notice current or potential issues and develop strategies to resolve those issues.
- C1 - Communication - You can share and write information clearly.
- C6 - Problem Solving - You resolve an issue with a customer, client or team member.
- C8 - Teamwork - You work with your team to resolve any issues that occur.
- D1 - Communication - You explain your thoughts to be better understood and respect other cultural norms.
|Co-curricular Record (CCR)||
UC Graduate Attributes (GAs)
|Bicultural Competence & Confidence||Community Engagement||Employability Innovation & Enterprise||Global Awareness|
|Work Readiness Skills (WRS)||Communication||A1||B1||C1||D1|
|Initiative and enterprise||A2||B2||C2||D2|
|Planning and organising||A5||B5||C5||D5|
Are you interested in participating in this activity?