UCE Innovation Challenge
The UCE Innovation Challenge group compete in a variety of competitions. These competitions all require innovative and analytical thinking, as well as presentation skills.
- SDS Business Case Competitions
- MYOB IT Challenge
- Social Enterprise Challenge
- Kaikoura Challenge
- LawTech Challenge
Hours involved in the activity
12 hours minimum. For every 12 hours of active learning you can claim recognition for one skill and one attribute. NB: opportunities only exist to develop the skills and attributes specified for this activity in the grey areas of the table below. For this activity you can claim a maximum of three learning and development outcomes.
Work readiness skill/Graduate attribute
By actively engaging in this activity, you can claim against the pre-determined intersection points detailed below. You should reflect on your experience and select the WRS/GA intersection point(s) that best represents your learning outcome.
- B1 - Communication - You communicate effectively and appropriately for your audience and easily listen to others.
- B2 - Initiative and enterprise - You generate and implement new ideas for better results for our communities.
- B4 - Learning - You see areas for self-development and know when to learn something new.
- B5 - Planning & Organising - You coordinate tasks for a range of people.
- B6 - Problem Solving - You notice current or potential issues and develop strategies to resolve those issues.
- B7 - Self-Management - You keep yourself on task and evaluate your own work performance.
- B8 - Teamwork - You share different ideas within your team about a project or process.
- C1 - Communication – You can share and write information clearly.
- C2 - Initiative and Enterprise – You plan and generate solutions to cope with changes.
- C4 - Learning – You apply what you have learned to different areas.
- C5 - Planning and organising – You manage the way a project will be put into action.
- C6 - Problem solving – You resolve an issue with a customer, client or team member.
- C7 - Self-Management – You identify skills that could make you more successful.
- C8 - Teamwork – You work with your team to resolve any issues that occur.
- C9 - Technology – You select the best applications to use for specific tasks.
- D2 - Initiative & enterprise - You plan ways to enhance common practices and draw ideas from other cultures.
- D6 - Problem solving - You test what works in a situation and develop strategies to resolve issues.
|Co-curricular Record (CCR)||
UC Graduate Attributes (GAs)
|Bicultural Competence & Confidence||Community Engagement||Employability Innovation & Enterprise||Global Awareness|
|Work Readiness Skills (WRS)||Communication||A1||B1||C1||D1|
|Initiative and enterprise||A2||B2||C2||D2|
|Planning and organising||A5||B5||C5||D5|
Are you interested in participating in this activity?