UC Hosts support a number of different events throughout the year. These events involve community and corporate engagement and recruitment. UC Hosts will support setting up event venues, greeting and assisting guests, giving campus tours and food services.
Hours involved in the activity
Up to 2 modules of 12 hours minimum per module. For every 12 hours of active learning you can claim recognition for one skill and one attribute. NB: opportunities only exist to develop the skills and attributes specified for this activity in the grey areas of the table below. For this activity you can claim a maximum of two learning and development outcomes.
UC Events Office
Level 4 - Matariki
Please note applications for 2019 are now closed. Applications for 2020 will be advertised in September/October 2019.
Work readiness skill/Graduate attribute
By actively engaging in this activity, you can claim against the pre-determined intersection points detailed below. You should reflect on your experience and select the WRS/GA intersection point(s) that best represents your learning outcome.
- A1 - Communication - You communicate in a bicultural and culturally responsive manner with people of a different cultural background.
- A7 - Self-management - You recognise and address your own filters, privileges, biases, and cultural preferences and identify self-development opportunities in the bicultural space.
- A8 - Teamwork - You recognise and validate the prior knowledge, experience and skills that team members bring.
Note – In order to claim for Bicultural Confidence and Competence you must complete a training session. Contact us for more information.
- B1 - Communication - You communicate effectively and appropriately for your audience and easily listen to others.
- B2 - Initiative and enterprise - You generate and implement new ideas for better results for our communities.
- B5 - Planning & Organising - You coordinate tasks for a range of people.
- B6 - Problem Solving - You notice current or potential issues and develop strategies to resolve those issues.
- B7 - Self-Management - You keep yourself on task and evaluate your own work performance.
- C1 - Communication - You can share and write information clearly.
- C8 - Teamwork - You work with your team to resolve any issues that occur.
- D1 - Communication - You explain your thoughts to be better understood and respect other cultural norms.
- D7 - Self-management - You take responsibility for your own work.
|Co-curricular Record (CCR)||
UC Graduate Attributes (GAs)
|Bicultural Competence & Confidence||Community Engagement||Employability Innovation & Enterprise||Global Awareness|
|Work Readiness Skills (WRS)||Communication||A1||B1||C1||D1|
|Initiative and enterprise||A2||B2||C2||D2|
|Planning and organising||A5||B5||C5||D5|
- UC affiliated
- Not an academic prerequisite
- Not for academic credit
Are you interested in participating in this activity?