UC Gym Host
Gym Hosts help RecCentre staff to create a friendly and dynamic environment for students to exercise and develop social bonds and friendships. Gym Hosts promote fitness programmes and activities to students and assist with the management and safety of the RecCentre.
Hours involved in the activity
Up to 2 modules of 12 hours per module. For every 12 hours of active learning you can claim recognition for one skill and one attribute. NB: opportunities only exist to develop the skills and attributes specified for this activity in the grey areas of the table below.
Fitness & Facilities Coordinator
UC Rec Centre - Kirkwood Avenue
Work readiness skill/Graduate attribute
By actively engaging in this activity, you can claim against the pre-determined intersection points detailed below. You should reflect on your experience and select the WRS/GA intersection point(s) that best represents your learning outcome.
- A1 - Communication - You communicate in a bicultural and culturally responsive manner with people of a different cultural background.
- A2 - Initiative and enterprise - You look for new opportunities to actively engage with Māori communities.
- A3 - Leadership - You demonstrate your sound knowledge of te reo Māori, tikanga and kawa (marae protocol) when building relationships within the team.
- A4 - Learning - You recognise that learning in a different cultural setting can be challenging and may require different or new approaches.
- A8 - Teamwork - You recognise and validate the prior knowledge, experience and skills that team members bring.
Note – In order to claim for Bicultural Confidence and Competence you must complete a training session. Contact us for more information.
- B1 - Communication - You communicate effectively and appropriately for your audience and easily listen to others.
- B3 - Leadership – You keep the team motivated towards the final goal and model leadership in the community.
- B4 - Learning - You see areas for self-development and know when to learn something new.
- B6 - Problem Solving - You notice current or potential issues and develop strategies to resolve those issues.
- B8 - Teamwork - You share different ideas within your team about a project or process.
- C1 - Communication – You can share and write information clearly.
- C3 - Leadership – You successfully organise and manage a team.
- C4 - Learning – You apply what you have learned to different areas.
- C6 - Problem solving – You resolve an issue with a customer, client or team member.
- C7 - Self-Management – You identify skills that could make you more successful.
- C8 - Teamwork – You work with your team to resolve any issues that occur.
|Co-curricular Record (CCR)||
UC Graduate Attributes (GAs)
|Bicultural Competence & Confidence||Community Engagement||Employability Innovation & Enterprise||Global Awareness|
|Work Readiness Skills (WRS)||Communication||A1||B1||C1||D1|
|Initiative and enterprise||A2||B2||C2||D2|
|Planning and organising||A5||B5||C5||D5|
- UC affiliated
- Not for academic credit
Are you interested in participating in this activity?