Teece Museum Activity Host
Teece Museum Activity Hosts support a number of different public events at the Museum and at the UC Arts City location. These events involve community engagement and education, with an emphasis on activities for families. Activity Hosts will help with setting up event venues, greeting guests, and assisting visitors.
Eligibility/Selection Criteria & Process
To be eligible for this role, hosts must be comfortable working with a range of visitors from very young children to mature adults, with a diverse range of backgrounds, learning styles and abilities.
Application, followed by an interview.
Hours involved in the activity
12 hours minimum. For every 12 hours of active learning you can claim recognition for one skill and one attribute. NB: opportunities only exist to develop the skills and attributes specified for this activity in the grey areas of the table below. For this activity you can claim a maximum of two learning and development outcomes.
Work readiness skill/Graduate attribute
By actively engaging in this activity, you can claim against one of the pre-determined intersection points detailed below. You should reflect on your experience and select the WRS/GA intersection point that best represents your learning outcome.
- A1 - Communication - You communicate in a bicultural and culturally responsive manner with people of a different cultural background.
- A8 - Teamwork - You recognise and validate the prior knowledge, experience and skills that team members bring.
- B1 - Communication - You communicate effectively and appropriately for your audience and easily listen to others.
- B4 - Learning - You see areas for self-development and know when to learn something new.
- B5 - Planning & Organising - You coordinate tasks for a range of people.
- B6 - Problem Solving - You notice current or potential issues and develop strategies to resolve those issues.
- B7 - Self-Management - You keep yourself on task and evaluate your own work performance.
- B8 - Teamwork - You share different ideas within your team about a project or process.
- B9 - Technology – You organise and store information for easy access.
- C1 - Communication – You can share and write information clearly.
- C4 - Learning – You apply what you have learned to different areas.
- C6 - Problem solving – You resolve an issue with a customer, client or team member.
- C8 - Teamwork – You work with your team to resolve any issues that occur.
|Co-curricular Record (CCR)||
UC Graduate Attributes (GAs)
|Bicultural Competence & Confidence||Community Engagement||Employability Innovation & Enterprise||Global Awareness|
|Work Readiness Skills (WRS)||Communication||A1||B1||C1||D1|
|Initiative and enterprise||A2||B2||C2||D2|
|Planning and organising||A5||B5||C5||D5|
Are you interested in participating in this activity?