Mentors offer a welcoming environment and support to students new to UC.
Hours involved in the activity
One module of 12 hours minimum. For every 12 hours of active learning you can claim recognition for one skill and one attribute. NB: opportunities only exist to develop the skills and attributes specified for this activity in the grey areas of the table below.
Student Experience Team
Work readiness skill/Graduate attribute
By actively engaging in this activity, you can claim against one of the pre-determined intersection points detailed below. You should reflect on your experience and select the WRS/GA intersection point that best represents your learning outcome.
- A1 - Communication - You communicate in a bicultural and culturally responsive manner with people of a different cultural background.
- A4 - Learning - You recognise that learning in a different cultural setting can be challenging and may require different or new approaches.
Note – In order to claim for Bicultural Confidence and Competence you must complete a training session. Contact us for more information.
- B1 - Communication - You communicate effectively and appropriately for your audience and easily listen to others.
- B2 - Initiative and enterprise - You generate and implement new ideas for better results for our communities.
- B3 - Leadership – You keep the team motivated towards the final goal and model leadership in the community.
- B4 - Learning - You see areas for self-development and know when to learn something new.
- B5 - Planning & Organising - You coordinate tasks for a range of people.
- B6 - Problem Solving - You notice current or potential issues and develop strategies to resolve those issues.
- B7 - Self-Management - You keep yourself on task and evaluate your own work performance.
- B9 - Technology – You organise and store information for easy access.
- C1 - Communication – You can share and write information clearly.
- C3 - Leadership – You successfully organise and manage a team.
- C8 - Teamwork - You work with your team to resolve any issues that occur.
- D1 - Communication – You explain your thoughts to be better understood and respect other cultural norms.
- D4 - Learning – You understand new ideas and develop new techniques to achieve a goal.
- D6 - Problem solving – You test what works in a situation and develop strategies to resolve issues.
- D7 - Self-Management – You take responsibility for your own work.
- D8 - Teamwork – You cooperate with different working styles and seize opportunities to learn from others.
|Co-curricular Record (CCR)||
UC Graduate Attributes (GAs)
|Bicultural Competence & Confidence||Community Engagement||Employability Innovation & Enterprise||Global Awareness|
|Work Readiness Skills (WRS)||Communication||A1||B1||C1||D1|
|Initiative and enterprise||A2||B2||C2||D2|
|Planning and organising||A5||B5||C5||D5|
- UC affiliated
- Not for academic credit
Are you interested in participating in this activity?