Student Leaders lead groups of new students at orientation events. This includes campus tours and relationship building exercises to welcome students and help them transition to UC. Student Leaders also assist the Events Team to ensure events run smoothly and meet the needs of the students.
Hours involved in the activity
12 hours minimum. For every 12 hours of active learning you can claim recognition for one skill and one attribute. NB: opportunities only exist to develop the skills and attributes specified for this activity in the grey areas of the table below. For this activity you can claim a maximum of one learning and development outcome.
Work readiness skill/Graduate attribute
By actively engaging in this activity, you can claim against the pre-determined intersection points detailed below. You should reflect on your experience and select the WRS/GA intersection point(s) that best represents your learning outcome.
- A4 - Learning - You recognise that learning in a different cultural setting can be challenging and may require different or new approaches.
Note – In order to claim for Bicultural Confidence and Competence you must complete a training session. Contact us for more information.
- B1 - Communication - You communicate effectively and appropriately for your audience and easily listen to others.
- B2 - Initiative and enterprise - You generate and implement new ideas for better results for our communities.
- B3 - Leadership – You keep the team motivated towards the final goal and model leadership in the community.
- B4 - Learning - You see areas for self-development and know when to learn something new.
- B5 - Planning & Organising - You coordinate tasks for a range of people.
- B7 - Self-Management - You keep yourself on task and evaluate your own work performance.
- C1 - Communication - You can share and write information clearly.
- C8 - Teamwork - You work with your team to resolve any issues that occur.
- D1 - Communication – You explain your thoughts to be better understood and respect other cultural norms.
- D3 - Leadership –You assign tasks to others to make the most of their skills.
- D4 - Learning – You understand new ideas and develop new techniques to achieve a goal.
- D7 - Self-Management – You take responsibility for your own work.
- D8 - Teamwork – You cooperate with different working styles and seize opportunities to learn from others.
|Co-curricular Record (CCR)||
UC Graduate Attributes (GAs)
|Bicultural Competence & Confidence||Community Engagement||Employability Innovation & Enterprise||Global Awareness|
|Work Readiness Skills (WRS)||Communication||A1||B1||C1||D1|
|Initiative and enterprise||A2||B2||C2||D2|
|Planning and organising||A5||B5||C5||D5|
- UC affiliated
- Not for academic credit
Are you interested in participating in this activity?