Student Leader - (Business & Law)
Student Leaders (Business & Law) help College staff deliver orientation events and activities. This includes welcoming new international students at the airport, helping them check in with the accommodation team, leading campus tours and guiding students through the process of activating a bank account. They also help ensure that related Business and Law events run smoothly and meet the needs of the students.
Eligibility/selection criteria & process
Student Leaders (Business & Law) are students who successfully completed at least one semester at UC and have a sound understanding of university life. They are required to take part in a semi-formal interview after expressing interest in the position.
Student Leaders (Business & Law) attend an initial training session, a refresher session before arrival of a cohort, and a briefing session with UC staff before each event.
Hours involved in the activity
12 hours minimum. For every 12 hours of active learning you can claim recognition for one skill and one attribute. NB: opportunities only exist to develop the skills and attributes specified for this activity in the grey areas of the table below.
For this activity you can claim a maximum of three learning and development outcomes per year.
Work readiness skill/Graduate attribute
By actively engaging in this activity, you can claim against the pre-determined intersection points detailed below. You should reflect on your experience and select the WRS/GA intersection point(s) that best represents your learning outcome.
- B1 - Communication - You communicate effectively and appropriately for your audience and easily listen to others.
- B2 - Initiative and enterprise - You generate and implement new ideas for better results for our communities.
- B3 - Leadership – You keep the team motivated towards the final goal and model leadership in the community.
- B4 - Learning - You see areas for self-development and know when to learn something new.
- B5 - Planning & Organising - You coordinate tasks for a range of people.
- B7 - Self-Management - You keep yourself on task and evaluate your own work performance.
- C1 - Communication - You can share and write information clearly.
- C8 - Teamwork - You work with your team to resolve any issues that occur.
- D1 - Communication – You explain your thoughts to be better understood and respect other cultural norms.
- D3 - Leadership –You assign tasks to others to make the most of their skills.
- D4 - Learning – You understand new ideas and develop new techniques to achieve a goal.
- D7 - Self-Management – You take responsibility for your own work.
- D8 - Teamwork – You cooperate with different working styles and seize opportunities to learn from others.
|Co-curricular Record (CCR)||
UC Graduate Attributes (GAs)
|Bicultural Competence & Confidence||Community Engagement||Employability Innovation & Enterprise||Global Awareness|
|Work Readiness Skills (WRS)||Communication||A1||B1||C1||D1|
|Initiative and enterprise||A2||B2||C2||D2|
|Planning and organising||A5||B5||C5||D5|
Are you interested in participating in this activity?