Student Care Leader
Student Care Leaders help the Student Care Team deliver events and activities. They work with students, lead student groups, run student discussions, co-ordinate and deliver workshops and other activities, liaise with stakeholders as required, and assist with the setup, running and clean-up of events. They may also assist in other ways as opportunities arise.
Student Care Leader applicants are interviewed by a Student Care Advisor. The team will arrange an interview time after receiving a student’s CCR application.
Student Care Leaders are trained by the Student Care Team. This may take the form of workshop attendance or one-to-one training.
Hours involved in the activity
A minimum of 12 hours. For every 12 hours of active learning you can claim recognition for one skill and one attribute. NB: opportunities only exist to develop the skills and attributes specified for this activity in the grey areas of the table below. For this activity you can claim a maximum of three learning and development outcomes.
Work readiness skill/Graduate attribute
By actively engaging in this activity, you can claim against the pre-determined intersection points detailed below. You should reflect on your experience and select the WRS/GA intersection point(s) that best represents your learning outcome.
- B1 - Communication - You communicate effectively and appropriately for your audience and easily listen to others.
- B3 - Leadership – You keep the team motivated towards the final goal and model leadership in the community.
- B7 - Self-Management - You keep yourself on task and evaluate your own work performance.
- B8 - Teamwork - You share different ideas within your team about a project or process.
- C1 - Communication – You can share and write information clearly.
- C3 - Leadership – You successfully organise and manage a team.
- C4 - Learning – You apply what you have learned to different areas.
- C6 - Problem solving – You resolve an issue with a customer, client or team member.
- C7 - Self-Management – You identify skills that could make you more successful.
- C8 - Teamwork – You work with your team to resolve any issues that occur.
- D1 - Communication – You explain your thoughts to be better understood and respect other cultural norms.
- D4 - Learning – You understand new ideas and develop new techniques to achieve a goal.
- D7 - Self-Management – You take responsibility for your own work.
- D9 - Technology – You identify which information is the most relevant to the project.
|Co-curricular Record (CCR)||
UC Graduate Attributes (GAs)
|Bicultural Competence & Confidence||Community Engagement||Employability Innovation & Enterprise||Global Awareness|
|Work Readiness Skills (WRS)||Communication||A1||B1||C1||D1|
|Initiative and enterprise||A2||B2||C2||D2|
|Planning and organising||A5||B5||C5||D5|
Are you interested in participating in this activity?