Student Care Leader
Student Care Leaders help the Student Care Team deliver events and activities. They work with students, lead student groups, run student discussions, co-ordinate and deliver workshops and other activities, liaise with stakeholders as required, and assist with the setup, running and clean-up of events. They may also assist in other ways as opportunities arise.
Student Care Leader applicants are interviewed by a Student Care Advisor. The team will arrange an interview time after receiving a student’s CCR application.
Student Care Leaders are trained by the Student Care Team. This may take the form of workshop attendance or one-to-one training.
Hours involved in the activity
Up to 3 modules of a minimum 12 hours each. For every 12 hours of active learning you can claim recognition for one skill and one attribute. NB: opportunities only exist to develop the skills and attributes specified for this activity in the grey areas of the table below. For this activity you can claim a maximum of three learning and development outcomes.
Work readiness skill/Graduate attribute
By actively engaging in this activity, you can claim against the pre-determined intersection points detailed below. You should reflect on your experience and select the WRS/GA intersection point(s) that best represents your learning outcome.
- B1 - Communication - Student Care Leaders communicate effectively with diverse groups of students and with UC staff to ensure the efficient delivery of events and activities.
- B3 - Leadership - Student Care Leaders lead student groups and guide discussions at workshops and events.
- B7 - Self-Management - Student Care Leaders present themselves well as representatives of UC. They fulfil their commitments in a timely and professional manner.
- B8 - Teamwork - Student Care Leaders work together and with UC staff to deliver events and activities.
- C1 - Communication - Student Care Leaders understand others’ needs and communicate their own ideas and advice effectively.
- C3 - Leadership - Student Care Leaders effectively lead groups of students in a range of activities.
- C4 - Learning - Student Care Leaders reflect on their experiences to assess what was successful and what could be improved.
- C6 - Planning and organising - Student Care Leaders help plan and organise events and activities.
- C7 - Self-management - Student Care Leaders manage their time to ensure they fulfil their commitments.
- C8 - Teamwork - Student Care Leaders work as a team and with staff to deliver effective support to students and staff. They are flexible, co-operative, and able to accommodate others’ needs.
- D1 - Communication - Student Care Leaders communicate effectively and empathetically with students from a range of countries and cultures. They offer support and advice, and create a community environment that fosters a sense of belonging.
- D4 - Learning - Student Care Leaders learn about the cultures of UC’s international and domestic students and use this information to inform their understanding and actions.
- D7 - Self-management - Student Care Leaders approach different cultures respectfully, managing their own expectations and values in order to accommodate others’ needs.
- D9 - Teamwork - Student Care Leaders work together and with staff to support domestic and international students and help to create a global community environment for all students.
|Co-curricular Record (CCR)||
UC Graduate Attributes (GAs)
|Bicultural Competence & Confidence||Community Engagement||Employability Innovation & Enterprise||Global Awareness|
|Work Readiness Skills (WRS)||Communication||A1||B1||C1||D1|
|Initiative and enterprise||A2||B2||C2||D2|
|Planning and organising||A5||B5||C5||D5|
- UC affiliated
- Not an academic prerequisite
- Not for academic credit
Are you interested in participating in this activity?