Peer Notetaker (DRS)
Peer Notetakers provide the Equity and Disability Service with their notes from selected courses so that they can be used by students who are unable to take notes for disability-related reasons. Peer Notetakers adapt their notetaking to ensure it is suitable for use by students with disabilities.
Hours involved in the activity
12 hours minimum. For every 12 hours of active learning you can claim recognition for one skill and one attribute. NB: opportunities only exist to develop the skills and attributes specified for this activity in the grey areas of the table below. For this activity you can claim a maximum of two learning and development outcomes.
The Equity and Disability Service calls for potential Peer Notetakers for specific courses in response to the needs of service users. Candidates are then selected on the basis of their GPA, the quality of their sample notes, and their eligibility to work in New Zealand. Only students already selected as Peer Notetakers by Equity and Disability Service are eligible to apply for this CCR Activity.
Work readiness skill/Graduate attribute
By actively engaging in this activity, you can claim against one of the pre-determined intersection points detailed below. You should reflect on your experience and select the WRS/GA intersection point that best represents your learning outcome.
- B1 - Communication - You communicate effectively and appropriately for your audience and easily listen to others.
- B4 - Learning - You see areas for self-development and know when to learn something new.
- B5 - Planning and organising - You coordinate tasks for a range of people.
- B7 - Self-management - You keep yourself on task and evaluate your own work performance.
- B9 - Technology - You organise and store information for easy access.
- C2 - Initiative and enterprise - You plan and generate solutions to cope with changes.
- C4 - Learning - You apply what you have learned to different areas.
- C9 - Technology- You select the best applications to use for specific tasks.
|Co-curricular Record (CCR)||
UC Graduate Attributes (GAs)
|Bicultural Competence & Confidence||Community Engagement||Employability Innovation & Enterprise||Global Awareness|
|Work Readiness Skills (WRS)||Communication||A1||B1||C1||D1|
|Initiative and enterprise||A2||B2||C2||D2|
|Planning and organising||A5||B5||C5||D5|
- UC affiliated
- Not an academic prerequisite
- Not for academic credit
Are you interested in participating in this activity?