Pasifika Law Students' Society Executive Member
The University of Canterbury Pasifika Law Students' Society provides a supportive network for Pasifika law students and fosters networks on campus and with other campuses.
Pasifika Law Students’ Society Executive Members roles include overseeing club events, projects, finances and day-to-day management of the Club in terms of the Pasifika Law Students’ Society Constitution.
Pasifika Law Students’ Society Executive Members are elected by Pasifika Law Students’ Society members at the Annual General Meeting.
Pasifika Law Students’ Society Executive Members undergo UCSA Club Executive training.
Hours involved in the activity
A minimum of 12 hours. For every 12 hours of active learning you can claim recognition for one skill and one attribute. NB: opportunities only exist to develop the skills and attributes specified for this activity in the grey areas of the table below. For this activity you can claim a maximum of three learning and development outcomes.
Professor Ursula Cheer, Dean of Law
Work readiness skill/Graduate attribute
By actively engaging in this activity, you can claim against the pre-determined intersection points detailed below. You should reflect on your experience and select the WRS/GA intersection point(s) that best represents your learning outcome.
- B1 - Communication - You communicate effectively and appropriately for your audience and easily listen to others.
- B3 - Leadership - You keep the team motivated towards the final goal and model leadership in the community.
- B5 - Planning and organising - You coordinate tasks for a range of people.
- B7 - Self-Management - You keep yourself on task and evaluate your own work performance.
- B8 - Teamwork - You share different ideas within your team about a project or process.
- C1 - Communication - You can share and write information clearly.
- C3 - Leadership - You successfully organise and manage a team.
- C5 - Planning and organising - You manage the way a project will be put into action.
- C7 - Self-Management - You identify skills that could make you more successful.
- C8 - Teamwork - You work with your team to resolve any issues that occur.
- D1 - Communication - You explain your thoughts to be better understood and respect other cultural norms.
- D3 - Leadership - You assign tasks to others to make the most of their skills.
- D5 - Planning and organising - You create clear goals for each project.
- D7 - Self-management - You take responsibility for your own work.
- D8 - Teamwork - You cooperate with different working styles and seize opportunities to learn from others.
|Co-curricular Record (CCR)||
UC Graduate Attributes (GAs)
|Bicultural Competence & Confidence||Community Engagement||Employability Innovation & Enterprise||Global Awareness|
|Work Readiness Skills (WRS)||Communication||A1||B1||C1||D1|
|Initiative and enterprise||A2||B2||C2||D2|
|Planning and organising||A5||B5||C5||D5|
Are you interested in participating in this activity?