Pacific Development Team (PDT) Tutor
PDT Tutors support the academic success of Pacific students through one-to-one or group tutoring programmes working with UC students and/or secondary school students.
Tutors working in secondary schools tutor NCEA level 1, 2, and 3 students from local schools during school holidays. They help young Pacific students build confidence and community and promote their ongoing academic success.
Criteria for selection
PDT Tutors are recommended by academic departments on the basis of their academic record, content knowledge and tutoring ability.
Hours involved in the activity
12 hours minimum. For every 12 hours of active learning you can claim recognition for one skill and one attribute. NB: opportunities only exist to develop the skills and attributes specified for this activity in the grey areas of the table below. For this activity you can claim a maximum of one learning and development outcome.
Work readiness skill/Graduate attribute
By actively engaging in this activity, you can claim against the pre-determined intersection points detailed below. You should reflect on your experience and select the WRS/GA intersection point(s) that best represents your learning outcome.
- B1 - Communication - You communicate effectively and appropriately for your audience and easily listen to others.
- B2 - Initiative and Enterprise - You generate and implement new ideas for better results for our communities.
- B4 - Learning - You see areas for self-development and know when to learn something new.
- C1 - Communication - You can share and write information clearly.
- C4 - Learning - You apply what you have learned to different areas.
- C5 - Planning & organisation - You manage the way a project will be put into action.
- C6 - Problem-solving - You resolve an issue with a customer, client or team member.
- C7 - Self-management - You identify skills that could make you more successful.
- D1 - Communication - You explain your thoughts to be better understood and respect other cultural norms.
- D4 - Learning - You understand new ideas and develop new techniques to achieve a goal.
- D8 - Teamwork - You cooperate with different working styles and seize opportunities to learn from others.
|Co-curricular Record (CCR)||
UC Graduate Attributes (GAs)
|Bicultural Competence & Confidence||Community Engagement||Employability Innovation & Enterprise||Global Awareness|
|Work Readiness Skills (WRS)||Communication||A1||B1||C1||D1|
|Initiative and enterprise||A2||B2||C2||D2|
|Planning and organising||A5||B5||C5||D5|
Are you interested in participating in this activity?