Pacific Development Team (PDT) Mentor
Pacific Development Team Mentors provide one-to-one peer support or group mentoring to Pacific students in their first year of study at UC, offering direction, encouragement, motivation and friendship through weekly contact and monthly meetings.
Pacific Development Team Mentors in the Generate programme draw on their knowledge of Pasifika values to plan and deliver a programme that promotes UC in secondary schools.
Pacific Development Team Mentors also help run PDT social programmes, such as Jandals and Get FRESH.
Pacific Development Team Mentors are advancing UC Pacific students with experience and understanding of university life and Pasifika values and culture.
Pacific Development Team Mentors attend an initial training session and regular debrief sessions with a Pacific Advisor.
Hours involved in the activity
12 hours minimum. For every 12 hours of active learning you can claim recognition for one skill and one attribute. NB: opportunities only exist to develop the skills and attributes specified for this activity in the grey areas of the table below. For this activity you can claim a maximum of one learning and development outcome.
Work readiness skill/Graduate attribute
By actively engaging in this activity, you can claim against the pre-determined intersection points detailed below. You should reflect on your experience and select the WRS/GA intersection point(s) that best represents your learning outcome.
- B1 - Communication - You communicate effectively and appropriately for your audience and easily listen to others.
- B2 - Initiative and Enterprise - You generate and implement new ideas for better results for our communities.
- B5 - Planning and organising - You coordinate tasks for a range of people.
- B7 - Self-management - You keep yourself on task and evaluate your own work performance.
- B8 - Teamwork - You share different ideas within your team about a project or process.
- C1 - Communication - You can share and write information clearly.
- C4 - Learning - You apply what you have learned to different areas.
- C6 - Problem-solving - You resolve an issue with a customer, client or team member.
- D1 - Communication - You explain your thoughts to be better understood and respect other cultural norms.
- D4 - Learning - You understand new ideas and develop new techniques to achieve a goal.
- D5 - Planning and organising - You create clear goals for each project.
- D6 - Problem solving - You test what works in a situation and develop strategies to resolve issues.
- D8 - Teamwork - You cooperate with different working styles and seize opportunities to learn from others.
|Co-curricular Record (CCR)||
UC Graduate Attributes (GAs)
|Bicultural Competence & Confidence||Community Engagement||Employability Innovation & Enterprise||Global Awareness|
|Work Readiness Skills (WRS)||Communication||A1||B1||C1||D1|
|Initiative and enterprise||A2||B2||C2||D2|
|Planning and organising||A5||B5||C5||D5|
Are you interested in participating in this activity?