Golden Key Primary School Mentor
Golden Key Canterbury offers gifted and talented primary school pupils the opportunity to work on a project with a university student who has a shared interest. The project takes place over four weeks during Term 2. This activity is open to all students, not just Golden Key members.
Hours involved in the activity
A minimum of 12 hours. For every 12 hours of active learning you can claim recognition for one skill and one attribute. NB: opportunities only exist to develop the skills and attributes specified for this activity in the grey areas of the table below.
For this activity you can claim a maximum of one learning and development outcomes per year.
Work readiness skill/Graduate attribute
By actively engaging in this activity, you can claim against one of the pre-determined intersection points detailed below. You should reflect on your experience and select the WRS/GA intersection point that best represents your learning outcome.
- B2 - Initiative and enterprise - You generate and implement new ideas for better results for our communities.
- B3 - Leadership – You keep the team motivated towards the final goal and model leadership in the community.
- B4 - Learning - You see areas for self-development and know when to learn something new.
- B6 - Problem Solving - You notice current or potential issues and develop strategies to resolve those issues.
- B8 - Teamwork - You share different ideas within your team about a project or process.
- C1 - Communication – You can share and write information clearly.
- C5 - Planning and organising – You manage the way a project will be put into action.
- C7 - Self-Management – You identify skills that could make you more successful.
|Co-curricular Record (CCR)||
UC Graduate Attributes (GAs)
|Bicultural Competence & Confidence||Community Engagement||Employability Innovation & Enterprise||Global Awareness|
|Work Readiness Skills (WRS)||Communication||A1||B1||C1||D1|
|Initiative and enterprise||A2||B2||C2||D2|
|Planning and organising||A5||B5||C5||D5|
Are you interested in participating in this activity?