Go Canterbury Student Leader
Go Canterbury Student Leaders assist with the Go Canterbury programme, coordinating their assigned teams through activities and acting as a peer mentor for new UC students.
Hours involved in the activity
Three modules of a minimum 12 hours per module. For every 12 hours of active learning you can claim recognition for one skill and one attribute. NB: opportunities only exist to develop the skills and attributes specified for this activity in the grey areas of the table below. For this activity you can claim a maximum of three learning and development outcomes.
Work readiness skill/Graduate attribute
By actively engaging in this activity, you can claim against the pre-determined intersection points detailed below. You should reflect on your experience and select the WRS/GA intersection point(s) that best represents your learning outcome.
- B1 - Communication - You communicate effectively and appropriately for your audience and easily listen to others.
- B2 - Leadership - You generate and implement new ideas for better results for our communities.
- B4 - Learning - You see areas for self-development and know when to learn something new.
- B6 - Problem Solving - You notice current or potential issues and develop strategies to resolve those issues.
- B7 - Self-Management - You keep yourself on task and evaluate your own work performance.
- C1 - Communication - You can share and write information clearly.
- C2 - Initiative & enterprise - You plan and generate solutions to cope with changes.
- C3 - Leadership - You successfully organise and manage a team.
- C7 - Self-management - You identify skills that could make you more successful.
- C8 - Teamwork - You work with your team to resolve any issues that occur.
|Co-curricular Record (CCR)||
UC Graduate Attributes (GAs)
|Bicultural Competence & Confidence||Community Engagement||Employability Innovation & Enterprise||Global Awareness|
|Work Readiness Skills (WRS)||Communication||A1||B1||C1||D1|
|Initiative and enterprise||A2||B2||C2||D2|
|Planning and organising||A5||B5||C5||D5|
- UC affiliated
- Not an academic prerequisite
- Not for academic credit
Are you interested in participating in this activity?