Go Canterbury Award Recipient
Go Canterbury Award Recipients are first-year students living together in a Hall of Residence as a learning community. They engage in personal and career development, outdoor educational and recreation field trips, and are encouraged to take an active role in the Christchurch rebuild as part of the Go Canterbury programme.
Only current Go Canterbury Award Recipients are eligble for this activity
Hours involved in the activity
A minimum of 12 hours. For every 12 hours of active learning you can claim recognition for one skill and one attribute. NB: opportunities only exist to develop the skills and attributes specified for this activity in the grey areas of the table below. For this activity you can claim a maximum of one learning and development outcome.
Work readiness skill/Graduate attribute
By actively engaging in this activity, you can claim against the pre-determined intersection points detailed below. You should reflect on your experience and select the WRS/GA intersection point(s) that best represents your learning outcome.
- B1 - Communication - You communicate effectively and appropriately for your audience and easily listen to others.
- B4 - Learning - You see areas for self-development and know when to learn something new.
- B7 - Self-Management - You keep yourself on task and evaluate your own work performance.
- B8 - Teamwork - You share different ideas within your team about a project or process.
- C1 - Communication – You can share and write information clearly.
- C2 - Initiative and Enterprise – You plan and generate solutions to cope with changes.
- C4 - Learning – You apply what you have learned to different areas.
- C8 - Teamwork – You work with your team to resolve any issues that occur.
|Co-curricular Record (CCR)||
UC Graduate Attributes (GAs)
|Bicultural Competence & Confidence||Community Engagement||Employability Innovation & Enterprise||Global Awareness|
|Work Readiness Skills (WRS)||Communication||A1||B1||C1||D1|
|Initiative and enterprise||A2||B2||C2||D2|
|Planning and organising||A5||B5||C5||D5|
Are you interested in participating in this activity?