Entré $85K Startup Challenge
The Entré $85K Startup Challenge is a competition for students who have a business idea they wish to develop with guidance from mentors, learnings from speakers, and advice from business experts. $85K worth of prizes up for grabs! For more information visit the Entré website.
Eligibility/Selection Criteria & Process
Applicants submit a written application form. 20 finalists are selected to participate in the Challenge.
Finalists are selected based on:
- A written application including details about their business idea, it’s current status, market research and validation completed, and the team behind the idea
- Development over a month utilising feedback from mentors and taking part in a 3-day bootcamp
- An interview with a panel of judges
Hours involved in the activity
One module of a minimum of 12 hours. For every 12 hours of active learning you can claim recognition for one skill and one attribute. NB: opportunities only exist to develop the skills and attributes specified for this activity in the grey areas of the table below.
Work readiness skill/Graduate attribute
By actively engaging in this activity, you can claim against the pre-determined intersection points detailed below. You should reflect on your experience and select the WRS/GA intersection point(s) that best represents your learning outcome.
- B1 - Communication - Entré $85K Startup Challenge students students deliver presentations, write reports, and engage with the business Community.
- B2 - Initiative and enterprise - Entré $85K Startup Challenge students will develop and grow business venture ideas that have benefits for local, national and/or international communities.
- B3 - Leadership - Entré $85K Startup Challenge students take ownership and lead conversations with people in the community, relevant industry leaders and mentors about their idea or venture.
- B4 - Learning - Entré $85K Startup Challenge students attend mentoring, feedback sessions and events and seminars around Christchurch extending their knowledge and experience of entrepreneurship.
- C1 - Comunication - Entré $85K Startup Challenge students develop professional and effective communication skills when working closely with their team and the business Community.
- C2 - Initiative & enterprise - Entré $85K Startup Challenge students learn to successfully develop their venture ideas, either for profit and social enterprise.
- C3 - Leadership - Entré $85K Startup Challenge students progress their idea by leading co-founders or team members into engagments with the community and mentors. Team member seek opportunities to be leaders within the team.
- C4 - Learning - Entré $85K Startup Challenge students apply learning from educational entrepreneurial sessions, mentors, and feedback sessions to find solutions and develop new ways of expanding their idea or venture.
- C5 - Planning and organisation - Entré $85K Startup Challenge students will gain experience planning and organising how they will pursue and develop venture ideas. This will include prioritisation.
- C6 - Problem solving - Entré $85K Startup Challenge students will learn to develop a venture idea to solve real problems.
- C7 - Self-Management - Entré $85K Startup Challenge students will organise themselves and be efficient with their time to balance their studies, the venture they are involved with and other commitments.
- C8 - Teamwork - Entré $85K Startup Challenge students will learn to work as a team by sharing experiences and learnings with the other finalists.
- C9 - Technology - Entré $85K Startup Challenge students will learn to use a range of technologies in progressing the venture they are working on. Students will also be looking at current and future technologies to incorporate in their business solution.
|Co-curricular Record (CCR)||
UC Graduate Attributes (GAs)
|Bicultural Competence & Confidence||Community Engagement||Employability Innovation & Enterprise||Global Awareness|
|Work Readiness Skills (WRS)||Communication||A1||B1||C1||D1|
|Initiative and enterprise||A2||B2||C2||D2|
|Planning and organising||A5||B5||C5||D5|
- UCSA affiliated
- Not an academic prerequisite
- Not for academic credit
Are you interested in participating in this activity?