Eco Volunteers assist the UC Sustainability Office to increase and promote campus sustainability. Activities include assisting with sustainability events, communications, Fair Trade, waste minimisation and management, sustainable transport, community gardens, sustainable living and supporting Eco Club activities.
Hours involved in the activity
12 hours minimum. For every 12 hours of active learning you can claim recognition for one skill and one attribute. NB: opportunities only exist to develop the skills and attributes specified for this activity in the grey areas of the table below. For this activity you can claim a maximum of one learning and development outcome.
A genuine enthusiasm and passion for sustainability and environmental issues is fundamental, but, subject knowledge is not required. However, the ability to follow through on instructions, take initiative, and suggest improvements is essential.
UC Sustainability Office
Facilities Management Building, Level 2
Work readiness skill/Graduate attribute
By actively engaging in this activity, you can claim against one of the pre-determined intersection points detailed below. You should reflect on your experience and select the WRS/GA intersection point that best represents your learning outcome.
A4 - Learning - You recognise that learning in a different cultural setting can be challenging and may require different or new approaches.
Note – In order to claim for Bicultural Confidence and Competence you must complete a training session. Contact us for more information.
- B1 - Communication - You communicate effectively and appropriately for your audience and easily listen to others.
- B2 - Initiative and learning - You generate and implement new ideas for better results for our communities.
- B3 - Leadership - You keep the team motivated towards the final goal and model leadership in the community.
- B5 - Planning and organising - You coordinate tasks for a range of people.
- B6 - Problem solving - You notice current or potential issues and develop strategies to resolve those issues.
- B7 - Self-Management - You keep yourself on task and evaluate your own work performance.
- B8 - Teamwork - You share different ideas within your team about a project or process.
- C1 - Communication - You can share and write information clearly.
- C3 - Leadership - You successfully organise and manage a team.
- C4 - Learning - You apply what you have learned to different areas.
- C5 - Planning and organising - You manage the way a project will be put into action.
- C6 - Problem solving - You resolve an issue with a customer, client or team member.
- C7 - Self-management - You identify skills that could make you more successful.
- C8 - Teamwork - You work with your team to resolve any issues that occur.
- D1 - Communication - You explain your thoughts to be better understood and respect other cultural norms.
- D4 - Learning - You understand new ideas and develop new techniques to achieve a goal.
- D5 - Planning & Organising - You create clear goals for each project.
|Co-curricular Record (CCR)||
UC Graduate Attributes (GAs)
|Bicultural Competence & Confidence||Community Engagement||Employability Innovation & Enterprise||Global Awareness|
|Work Readiness Skills (WRS)||Communication||A1||B1||C1||D1|
|Initiative and enterprise||A2||B2||C2||D2|
|Planning and organising||A5||B5||C5||D5|
- UC affiliated
- Not an academic prerequisite
- Not for academic credit
Are you interested in participating in this activity?