CMSA Malam Malaysia Volunteer
Canterbury Malaysian Students’ Association (CMSA) Malam Malaysia Volunteers work throughout the year to showcase the Malaysian culture to the UC community at the annual Malam Malaysia Night, including acting, dancing, and providing technical and logistic support.
Hours involved in the activity
For every 12 hours of active learning you can claim recognition for one skill and one attribute. NB: opportunities only exist to develop the skills and attributes specified for this activity in the grey areas of the table below.
For this activity you can claim a maximum of three learning and development outcomes per year.
Work readiness skill/Graduate attribute
By actively engaging in this activity, you can claim against the pre-determined intersection points detailed below. You should reflect on your experience and select the WRS/GA intersection point(s) that best represents your learning outcome.
- B1 - Communication - You communicate effectively and appropriately for your audience and easily listen to others.
- B4 - Learning - You see areas for self-development and know when to learn something new.
- B7 - Self-Management - You keep yourself on task and evaluate your own work performance.
- B8 - Teamwork - You share different ideas within your team about a project or process.
- C1 - Communication - You can share and write information clearly.
- C2 - Initiative and Enterprise - You plan and generate solutions to cope with changes.
- C3 - Leadership - You successfully organise and manage a team.
- C5 - Planning and organising - You manage the way a project will be put into action.
- C6 - Problem Solving - You resolve an issue with a customer, client or team member.
- C7 - Self-management - You identify skills that could make you more successful.
- C8 - Teamwork - You work with your team to resolve any issues that occur.
- D1 - Communication - You explain your thoughts to be better understood and respect other cultural norms.
- D7 - Self-management - You take responsibility for your own work.
- D8 - Teamwork - You cooperate with different working styles and seize opportunities to learn from others.
|Co-curricular Record (CCR)||
UC Graduate Attributes (GAs)
|Bicultural Competence & Confidence||Community Engagement||Employability Innovation & Enterprise||Global Awareness|
|Work Readiness Skills (WRS)||Communication||A1||B1||C1||D1|
|Initiative and enterprise||A2||B2||C2||D2|
|Planning and organising||A5||B5||C5||D5|
Are you interested in participating in this activity?