CMSA Executive Member
CMSA Executive Members make up the executive committee for the Canterbury Malaysian Students’ Association. Executive member roles support the club members by organising social events, providing support and day-to-day Club management.
Elected by CMSA members at the Annual General Meeting.
Hours involved in the activity
Up to 3 modules of minimum 12 hours per module. For every 12 hours of active learning you can claim recognition for one skill and one attribute. NB: opportunities only exist to develop the skills and attributes specified for this activity in the grey areas of the table below. For this activity you can claim a maximum of three learning and development outcomes.
Work readiness skill/Graduate attribute
By actively engaging in this activity, you can claim against the pre-determined intersection points detailed below. You should reflect on your experience and select the WRS/GA intersection point(s) that best represents your learning outcome.
- B1 - Communication - You communicate effectively and appropriately for your audience and easily listen to others.
- B2 - Initiative and Enterprise - You generate and implement new ideas for better results for our communities.
- B3 - Leadership - You keep the team motivated towards the final goal and model leadership in the community.
- B4 - Learning - You see areas for self-development and know when to learn something new.
- B5 - Planning and organising - You coordinate tasks for a range of people.
- B6 - Problem Solving - You notice current or potential issues and develop strategies to resolve those issues.
- B7 - Self-Management - You keep yourself on task and evaluate your own work performance.
- B8- Teamwork - You share different ideas within your team about a project or process.
- C1 - Communication - You can share and write information clearly.
- C3 - Leadership - You successfully organise and manage a team.
- C5 - Planning and organising - You manage the way a project will be put into action.
- C6 - Problem Solving - You resolve an issue with a customer, client or team member.
- C7 - Self-management - You identify skills that could make you more successful.
- C8 - Teamwork - You work with your team to resolve any issues that occur.
- D1 - Communication - You explain your thoughts to be better understood and respect other cultural norms.
- D3 - Leadership - You assign tasks to others to make the most of their skills.
- D5 - Planning and Organising - You create clear goals for each project.
- D6 - Problem Solving - You test what works in a situation and develop strategies to resolve issues.
- D7 - Self-management - You take responsibility for your own work.
- D8 - Teamwork - You cooperate with different working styles and seize opportunities to learn from others.
|Co-curricular Record (CCR)||
UC Graduate Attributes (GAs)
|Bicultural Competence & Confidence||Community Engagement||Employability Innovation & Enterprise||Global Awareness|
|Work Readiness Skills (WRS)||Communication||A1||B1||C1||D1|
|Initiative and enterprise||A2||B2||C2||D2|
|Planning and organising||A5||B5||C5||D5|
- UCSA affiliated
- Not an academic prerequisite
- Not for academic credit
Are you interested in participating in this activity?