Class Representatives are spokespersons for students in their courses. They provide feedback on the course on behalf of the class to lecturers, the UCSA and at Staff-Student Liaison meetings to improve the courses and resolve any low-level issues.
Hours involved in the activity
For every 12 hours of active learning you can claim recognition for one skill and one attribute. NB: opportunities only exist to develop the skills and attributes specified for this activity in the grey areas of the table below.
For this activity you can claim a maximum of three learning and development outcomes per year.
Student Advocate - UCSA
Room 123, Puaka-James Hight Building
Work readiness skill/Graduate attribute
By actively engaging in this activity, you can claim against one of the pre-determined intersection points detailed below. You should reflect on your experience and select the WRS/GA intersection point that best represents your learning outcome.
A4 - Learning - You recognise that learning in a different cultural setting can be challenging and may require different or new approaches.
Note – In order to claim for Bicultural Confidence and Competence you must complete a training session. Contact us for more information.
- B1 - Communication - You communicate effectively and appropriately for your audience and easily listen to others.
- B4 - Learning - You see areas for self-development and know when to learn something new.
- B6 - Problem solving - You notice current or potential issues and develop strategies to resolve those issues.
- C1 - Communication - You can share and write information clearly.
- C2 - Initiative and enterprise - You plan and generate solutions to cope with changes.
- C4 - Learning - You apply what you have learned to different areas.
- C6 - Problem solving - You resolve an issue with a customer, client or team member.
- C7 - Self-management - You identify skills that could make you more successful.
- D1 - Communication - You explain your thoughts to be better understood and respect other cultural norms.
- D4 - Learning - You understand new ideas and develop new techniques to achieve a goal.
- D6 - Problem solving - You test what works in a situation and develop strategies to resolve issues.
- D7 - Self-management - You take responsibility for your own work.
|Co-curricular Record (CCR)||
UC Graduate Attributes (GAs)
|Bicultural Competence & Confidence||Community Engagement||Employability Innovation & Enterprise||Global Awareness|
|Work Readiness Skills (WRS)||Communication||A1||B1||C1||D1|
|Initiative and enterprise||A2||B2||C2||D2|
|Planning and organising||A5||B5||C5||D5|
Are you interested in participating in this activity?