Career Activator modules and activities develop students’ career management competencies, and increase employability. The programme offers a variety of activities including seminars, modules, and one-on-one appointments to suit individual needs and learning styles. We also encourage participants to seek work experience.
Hours involved in the activity
Up to 2 modules of minimum 12 hours per module. For every 12 hours of active learning you can claim recognition for one skill and one attribute. NB: opportunities only exist to develop the skills and attributes specified for this activity in the grey areas of the table below.
Work readiness skill/Graduate attribute
By actively engaging in this activity, you can claim against the pre-determined intersection points detailed below. You should reflect on your experience and select the WRS/GA intersection point(s) that best represents your learning outcome.
- B1 - Communication - You communicate effectively and appropriately for your audience and easily listen to others.
- B2 - Initiative and Enterprise - You generate and implement new ideas for better results for our communities.
- B4 - Learning - You see areas for self-development and know when to learn something new.
- C1 - Communication - You can share and write information clearly.
- C2 - Initiative and Enterprise - You plan and generate solutions to cope with changes.
- C3 - Leadership - You successfully organise and manage a team.
- C4 - Learning - You apply what you have learned to different areas.
- C5 - Planning and organising - You manage the way a project will be put into action.
- C6 - Problem solving - You resolve an issue with a customer, client or team member.
- C7 - Self-management - You identify skills that could make you more successful.
- C8 - Teamwork - You work with your team to resolve any issues that occur.
- C9 - Technology - You select the best applications to use for specific tasks.
- D1 - Communication - You explain your thoughts to be better understood and respect other cultural norms.
- D4 - Learning - You understand new ideas and develop new techniques to achieve a goal.
|Co-curricular Record (CCR)||
UC Graduate Attributes (GAs)
|Bicultural Competence & Confidence||Community Engagement||Employability Innovation & Enterprise||Global Awareness|
|Work Readiness Skills (WRS)||Communication||A1||B1||C1||D1|
|Initiative and enterprise||A2||B2||C2||D2|
|Planning and organising||A5||B5||C5||D5|
- UC affiliated
- Not an academic prerequisite
- Not for academic credit
Are you interested in participating in this activity?