Career Activator modules and activities develop students’ career management competencies, and increase employability. The programme offers a variety of activities including seminars, modules, and one-on-one appointments to suit individual needs and learning styles. We also encourage participants to seek work experience.
Hours involved in the activity
For every 12 hours of active learning you can claim recognition for one skill and one attribute. NB: opportunities only exist to develop the skills and attributes specified for this activity in the grey areas of the table below.
For this activity you can claim a maximum of two learning and development outcomes per year.
Work readiness skill/Graduate attribute
By actively engaging in this activity, you can claim against the pre-determined intersection points detailed below. You should reflect on your experience and select the WRS/GA intersection point(s) that best represents your learning outcome.
- B1 - Communication - You communicate effectively and appropriately for your audience and easily listen to others.
- B2 - Initiative and Enterprise - You generate and implement new ideas for better results for our communities.
- B4 - Learning - You see areas for self-development and know when to learn something new.
- C1 - Communication - You can share and write information clearly.
- C2 - Initiative and Enterprise - You plan and generate solutions to cope with changes.
- C3 - Leadership - You successfully organise and manage a team.
- C4 - Learning - You apply what you have learned to different areas.
- C5 - Planning and organising - You manage the way a project will be put into action.
- C6 - Problem solving - You resolve an issue with a customer, client or team member.
- C7 - Self-management - You identify skills that could make you more successful.
- C8 - Teamwork - You work with your team to resolve any issues that occur.
- C9 - Technology - You select the best applications to use for specific tasks.
- D1 - Communication - You explain your thoughts to be better understood and respect other cultural norms.
- D4 - Learning - You understand new ideas and develop new techniques to achieve a goal.
|Co-curricular Record (CCR)||
UC Graduate Attributes (GAs)
|Bicultural Competence & Confidence||Community Engagement||Employability Innovation & Enterprise||Global Awareness|
|Work Readiness Skills (WRS)||Communication||A1||B1||C1||D1|
|Initiative and enterprise||A2||B2||C2||D2|
|Planning and organising||A5||B5||C5||D5|
Are you interested in participating in this activity?