Call Out Representative
Call Out Representatives phone all new first year undergraduate students and ask how their first few weeks at UC are going. They complete a record of the call including any requests students make for support. Call Out Representatives sign a casual contract of employment with UC.
Hours involved in the activity
Up to two modules of minimum 12 hours per module. For every 12 hours of active learning you can claim recognition for one skill and one attribute. NB: opportunities only exist to develop the skills and attributes specified for this activity in the grey areas of the table below.
Work readiness skill/Graduate attribute
By actively engaging in this activity, you can claim against the pre-determined intersection points detailed below. You should reflect on your experience and select the WRS/GA intersection point(s) that best represents your learning outcome.
- B1 - Communication - You communicate effectively and appropriately for your audience and easily listen to others.
- B2 - Initiative and Enterprise - You generate and implement new ideas for better results for our communities.
- B3 - Leadership - You keep the team motivated towards the final goal and model leadership in the community.
- B4 - Learning - You see areas for self-development and know when to learn something new.
- B7 - Self-Management - You keep yourself on task and evaluate your own work performance.
- C1 - Communication - You can share and write information clearly.
- C6 - Problem-solving - You resolve an issue with a customer, client or team member.
- C8 - Teamwork - You work with your team to resolve any issues that occur.
- D1 - Communication - You explain your thoughts to be better understood and respect other cultural norms.
- D4 - Learning - You understand new ideas and develop new techniques to achieve a goal.
- D7 - Self-management - You take responsibility for your own work.
- D9 - Teamwork - You cooperate with different working styles and seize opportunities to learn from others.
|Co-curricular Record (CCR)||
UC Graduate Attributes (GAs)
|Bicultural Competence & Confidence||Community Engagement||Employability Innovation & Enterprise||Global Awareness|
|Work Readiness Skills (WRS)||Communication||A1||B1||C1||D1|
|Initiative and enterprise||A2||B2||C2||D2|
|Planning and organising||A5||B5||C5||D5|
- UC affiliated
- Not an academic prerequisite
- Not for academic credit
Are you interested in participating in this activity?