Call Out Representative
Call Out Representatives phone all new first year undergraduate students and ask how their first few weeks at UC are going. They complete a record of the call including any requests students make for support. Call Out Representatives sign a casual contract of employment with UC.
Hours involved in the activity
Up to 2 modules of 12 hours each.
Every 12 hours of participation in an activity is equal to one intersection point (12 hours = 1 intersection point).
For this activity you can claim a maximum of 2 learning and development outcomes.
Work readiness skill/Graduate attribute
By actively engaging in this activity, you can claim against the pre-determined intersection points detailed below. You should reflect on your experience and select the WRS/GA intersection point(s) that best represents your learning outcome.
- B1 - Communication - Call Out Representative use their experience as a UC student to quickly develop rapport and have a productive conversation with the students they phone.
- B2 - Initiative and Enterprise - Call Out Representatives recognise when to refer students to appropriate services for support.
- B3 - Leadership - Call Out Representatives lead the phone conversation and ask suitable questions to get a good level of engagement.
- B4 - Learning - Call Out Representatives are trained to connect with the students they phone by reflecting on their shared and different experiences from their first year at UC. As a team they discuss strategies to develop new approaches and upskill themselves.
- B7 - Self-Management - Call Out Representatives are professional and provide a positive experience for the students they call.
- C1 - Communication - Call Out Representatives are professional and effectively communicate within UC's requirements, including confidentiality.
- C6 - Problem-solving - Call Out Representativess find solutions to issue students experience settling into campus life, and refer them to support services as appropriate.
- C8 - Teamwork - Call Out Representatives work as part of team and constructively contribute to their share of the Call Out workload.
- D1 - Communication - Call Out Representatives effectively communicate with students from different countries and cultures to ensure all new students feel welcomed to UC.
- D4 - Learning - Call Out Representatives find opportunities when talking to international students to learn about their cultures and use this information when communicating with and identifying appropriate support for students from a similar culture.
- D7 - Self-management - Call Out Representatives respectfully communicate with students from different cultures.
- D9 - Teamwork - Call Out Representatives work effectively with students from different countries and use initiative to solve language and cultural issues.
|Co-curricular Record (CCR)||
UC Graduate Attributes (GAs)
|Bicultural Competence & Confidence||Community Engagement||Employability Innovation & Enterprise||Global Awareness|
|Work Readiness Skills (WRS)||Communication||A1||B1||C1||D1|
|Initiative and enterprise||A2||B2||C2||D2|
|Planning and organising||A5||B5||C5||D5|
- UC affiliated
- Not an academic prerequisite
- Not for academic credit
Are you interested in participating in this activity? Sign up to CCR and then apply to participate using CareerHub.