Arts Digital Project Volunteer
Arts Digital Project Volunteers work with Arts Digital Lab staff to prepare content for Lab projects, including the CEISMIC digital archive. Volunteer roles include writing descriptions for digital objects, extracting metadata from files, proofreading others’ work, researching and fact checking. See http://dh.canterbury.ac.nz/projects7/ for a list of projects you might contribute to.
Hours involved in the activity
2 modules of 12 hours each.
Every 12 hours of participation in an activity is equal to one intersection point (12 hours = 1 intersection point).
For this activity you can claim a maximum of 1 learning and development outcomes.
A high level of proficiency in written English is required.
Work readiness skill/Graduate attribute
By actively engaging in this activity, you can claim against the pre-determined intersection points detailed below. You should reflect on your experience and select the WRS/GA intersection point(s) that best represents your learning outcome.
- B1 - Communication - You communicate effectively and appropriately for your audience and easily listen to others
- B2 - Initiative and Enterprise - You generate and implement new ideas for better results for our communities.
- B7 - Self-Management - You keep yourself on task and evaluate your own work performance.
- B8 - Teamwork - You share different ideas within your team about a project or process.
- C1 - Communication - You can share and write information clearly.
- C3 - Leadership - You successfully organise and manage a team.
- C4 - Learning - You apply what you have learned to different areas.
- C5 - Planning and organising - You manage the way a project will be put into action.
- C6 - Problem solving - You resolve an issue with a customer, client or team member.
- C7 - Self-management - You identify skills that could make you more successful.
- C8 - Teamwork - You work with your team to resolve any issues that occur.
- C9 - Technology - You select the best applications to use for specific tasks.
- D1 - Communication - You explain your thoughts to be better understood and respect other cultural norms.
- D9 - Technology - You identify which information is the most relevant to the project.
|Co-curricular Record (CCR)||
UC Graduate Attributes (GAs)
|Bicultural Competence & Confidence||Community Engagement||Employability Innovation & Enterprise||Global Awareness|
|Work Readiness Skills (WRS)||Communication||A1||B1||C1||D1|
|Initiative and enterprise||A2||B2||C2||D2|
|Planning and organising||A5||B5||C5||D5|
- UC affiliated
- Not an academic prerequisite
- Not for academic credit
Are you interested in participating in this activity?