Students will be at the airport to welcome International and Domestic students to Christchurch and help with settling them into UC.
Hours involved in the activity
Up to 2 modules of 12 hours minimum per module
Every 12 hours of participation in an activity is equal to one intersection point (12 hours = 1 intersection point).
Students must be referred.
Relevant training and continued support will be provided prior to start date and on site at the airport.
Work readiness skill/Graduate attribute
By actively engaging in this activity, you can claim against the pre-determined intersection points detailed below. You should reflect on your experience and select the WRS/GA intersection point(s) that best represents your learning outcome.
- B1 - Communication - Airport Greeters clearly communicate information making sure they are understood.
- B6 - Problem Solving - Airport Greeters assist students with any issues they have experienced on their travel to Christchurch.
- C1 - Communication - Airport Greeters will adapt their communications to meet the needs of the International Students through listening more carefully and being aware of other cultures.
- C2 - Initiative and enterprise - Airport Greeters suggest improvements based on feedback and their experience working with the students.
- C8 - Teamwork - Airport Greeters work together with Airport Greeter Coordinator to ensure the process runs well.
- D1 - Communication - Airport Greeters are aware of body language and communication variance in order to communicate effectively cross culturally.
- D6 - Problem Solving - Airport Greeters will solve problems that arise in a culturally sensitive way that are appropriate and sympathetic to the student.
|Co-curricular Record (CCR)||
UC Graduate Attributes (GAs)
|Bicultural Competence & Confidence||Community Engagement||Employability Innovation & Enterprise||Global Awareness|
|Work Readiness Skills (WRS)||Communication||A1||B1||C1||D1|
|Initiative and enterprise||A2||B2||C2||D2|
|Planning and organising||A5||B5||C5||D5|
- UC affiliated
- Not an academic prerequisite
- Not for academic credit
Are you interested in participating in this activity? Sign up to CCR and then apply to participate using CareerHub.