Airport Greeters will be at the airport to welcome International and Domestic students to Christchurch and help with settling them into UC.
Hours involved in the activity
Up to two modules of 12 hours minimum per module. For every 12 hours of of active learning you can claim recognition for one skill and one attribute. NB: opportunities only exist to develop the skills and attributes specified for this activity in the grey areas of the table below.
Students must be referred.
Relevant training and continued support will be provided prior to start date and on site at the airport.
Work readiness skill/Graduate attribute
By actively engaging in this activity, you can claim against the pre-determined intersection points detailed below. You should reflect on your experience and select the WRS/GA intersection point(s) that best represents your learning outcome.
- B1 - Communication - You communicate effectively and appropriately for your audience and easily listen to others.
- B6 - Problem Solving - You notice current or potential issues and develop strategies to resolve those issues.
- C1 - Communication - You can share and write information clearly.
- C2 - Initiative & Enterprise - You plan and generate solutions to cope with changes.
- C8 - Teamwork - You work with your team to resolve any issues that occur.
- D1 - Communication - You explain your thoughts to be better understood and respect other cultural norms.
- D6 - Problem Solving - You test what works in a situation and develop strategies to resolve issues.
|Co-curricular Record (CCR)||
UC Graduate Attributes (GAs)
|Bicultural Competence & Confidence||Community Engagement||Employability Innovation & Enterprise||Global Awareness|
|Work Readiness Skills (WRS)||Communication||A1||B1||C1||D1|
|Initiative and enterprise||A2||B2||C2||D2|
|Planning and organising||A5||B5||C5||D5|
- UC affiliated
- Not an academic prerequisite
- Not for academic credit
Are you interested in participating in this activity?