Image of the week: May 30th - June 5th
30 May 2016This week we celebrate Sāmoan language week / Vaiaso o le gagana Sāmoa - from Aso Sa (Sunday) 29th of Me (May) to Aso To'ona'i (Saturday) 4th of Iuni (June). Image Credit: Tattersall, A.J., n.d., Samoan war canoe - vaka, John Macmillan Brown collection (MB118, Ref 12477). Macmillan Brown Library, Christchurch, New Zealand. The theme for 2016 is E felelei manu, ae ma’au i o latou ofaga – Birds migrate to environments where they survive and thrive. Some words and phrases you can try
- Tālofa – Hello, Good morning, Good afternoon
- O ā mai oe? – How are you?
- Manuia fa'afetai – Good, thank you
- Manuia le aso – Have a great day
- Tofā soifua – Good bye
- Fa’afetai – Thank you
- Fa’amolemole – Please
- Also you might like to check out the following page Samoan for beginners for some great resources.