UC's e-Learning Support team (ELS) supports academic staff and students in the use of learning technologies to positively impact the quality of learning and teaching at the University of Canterbury.
We support student engagement and success by enabling:
- Anytime, anywhere access to learning materials
- Collaboration and communication
- Formative and summative assessment
- Self-directed learning
We can support you by providing expert online course design advice, technical and administrative support and assistance with the creation of online content. This includes support with the Technology Enabled Learning Facility on Level 5 of the Puaka - James Height Library.
Contact a Flexible Learning Advisor (FLA) if you require support or would like an orientation to Technology Enabled Learning and Teaching at UC.
Visit the e-Learning @ UC blog to see how technologies are used for teaching and learning across the university.
Learning technologies available at UC include:
- LEARN learning management system
- Course Recordings through Echo360
- Personal Capture video creation
- ePortfolios through Mahara
- Web Conferencing with Adobe Connect Pro & Zoom
- TurnItIn plagiarism checking service
- Audience response systems