University of Canterbury
Private Bag 4800
Freephone: 0800 763 676
Internal extension: ext 94888
UC Library provides a range of services to support students and staff off-campus.
Am I eligible?
Are you enrolled in:
- A recognised distance course?
- A UC College of Education regional initiative?
If Yes, you are automatically registered for distance privileges.
If No, you may be granted distance privileges if you meet the following criteria:
- You are a fully enrolled, current UC student.
- You live outside Canterbury (but within New Zealand). See the map of the Canterbury region on the Environment Canterbury website.
- You have contacted your department and they will support your study by distance.
How do I register?
If you meet the above criteria, ask your department to send us a signed service agreement (PDF 77KB).
Current, fully enrolled students living overseas may apply for limited distance services.
See the UC Staff Intranet.
See the Distance service information page for more information on services and frequently asked questions.