Most items issued to you can be renewed/extended 6 times. New due dates are calculated based on the item's normal loan period, library open/closed days and date of the renewal (the renewal loan period starts on the day you make the renewal).
The following items may not be renewed:
- Hourly loans (e.g. 3 hour and 1 hour high demand items)
- Items requested by other borrowers (including recalls)
- Items that have already been renewed 6 times
- Very overdue items that have a status of lost
Your options for renewing issued items are:
- Online via My Library Account.
- In person at one of the UC Libraries, either on the self loan stations or with a library staff member at the information desk.
- If you do not have access to a computer and you are not on campus, please contact us and a library staff member will assist you.
Renewing items online
1. Login to My Library Account on the library catalogue.
2. Click Items Out.
3. Select the checkbox beside each item you wish to renew, and then click Renew. To renew all items issued to your account, select the checkbox in the coloured bar and then click Renew.
4. Successfully renewed items will have a new due date in green. If the item was not renewed, the system will tell you if your renewal was unsuccessful. Check the new due date of each item that you selected to confirm they have been renewed.