Most items issued to you can be renewed/extended 6 times. New due dates are calculated based on the item's normal loan period, library open/closed days and date of the renewal (the renewal loan period starts on the day you make the renewal).
The following items may not be renewed:
- Hourly loans (e.g. 3 hour and 1 hour high demand items)
- Items requested by other borrowers (including recalls)
- Items that have already been renewed 6 times
- Very overdue items that have a status of lost
Your options for renewing issued items are:
- Online via your Library Account.
- In person at one of the UC Libraries, either on the self loan stations or with a library staff member at the information desk.
- If you do not have access to a computer and you are not on campus, please contact us and a library staff member will assist you.
Renewing items online
1. Login to the Library Catalogue.
2. Click Checked Out Items.
3. Select the checkbox beside each item you wish to renew, and then click Renew Selected Items. To renew all items issued to your account, click Renew All Items.
4. Successfully renewed items will show Renewal Successful in green. If the item was not renewed, the system will tell you if and why your renewal was unsuccessful in red. Check the new due date of each item that you selected to confirm they have been renewed.