Benefiting from a multidisciplinary background in artificial intelligence (AI), economics, law, and political science, Olivia is interested in developing sustainable policies to enable beneficial development and societal adoption of emerging technologies, in particular AI. She is keen on engaging in and facilitating international, cross-disciplinary, and multi-stakeholder coordination and collaboration to ensure that the expertise of all parties instrumental to solving technology-related challenges duly informs relevant policy debates. Olivia is member of the OECD Expert Group on AI "AIGO" and the AI forum of New Zealand's working group "Forging a Coordinated AI Strategy for New Zealand."
Prior to this role, she worked with international law firms and European Institutions, such as the Court of Justice of the European Union and the European Commission, in the areas of corporate law and international financial regulation.
- Erdélyi OJ. (2016) Twin peaks for Europe: State-of-the-art financial supervisory consolidation: Rethinking the Group Support Regime under Solvency II. xvii+262. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-30707-7.
- Abrahams N., Azzopardi M., Blackwood V., Erdelyi G., Erdelyi OJ., Guihot M., Lea G., Liddicoat J., Matthew A. and Smith Freehills H. (2019) Emerging Responses and Regulation. In Walsh T; Levy N; Bell G; Elliott A; Maclaurin J; Mareels IMY; Wood FM (Ed.), The Effective and Ethical Development of Artificial Intelligence An Opportunity to Improve Our Wellbeing: 132-153.
- Berger KP. and Erdelyi OJ. (2012) Force majeure in international contract law: A comment on National Oil Corporation v Sun Oil. In Wautelet P; Kruger T; Coppens G (Ed.), The Practice of Arbitration: Essays in Honour of Hans van Houtte: 61-74.Hart Publishing.
- Baumeister D., Erdélyi G., Erdélyi OJ. and Rothe J. (2015) Complexity of manipulation and bribery in judgment aggregation for uniform premise-based quota rules. Mathematical Social Sciences 76: 19-30. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.mathsocsci.2015.03.006.
- Erdelyi OJ. and Goldsmith J. (2018) Regulating Artificial Intelligence: Proposal for a Global Solution. New Orleans, LA, USA: AAAI/ACM Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Ethics, and Society (AIES 2018), 2-3 Feb 2018. In Proceedings - AIES 2018: 95-101. http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/3278721.3278731.