Benefiting from a multidisciplinary background in artificial intelligence (AI), economics, law, and political science, Olivia is interested in developing sustainable policies to enable beneficial development and societal adoption of emerging technologies, in particular AI. She is keen on engaging in and facilitating international, cross-disciplinary, and multi-stakeholder coordination and collaboration to ensure that the expertise of all parties instrumental to solving technology-related challenges duly informs relevant policy debates. Olivia is member of the OECD Expert Group on AI "AIGO" and the AI forum of New Zealand's working group "Forging a Coordinated AI Strategy for New Zealand."
Prior to this role, she worked with international law firms and European Institutions, such as the Court of Justice of the European Union and the European Commission, in the areas of corporate law and international financial regulation.
- Erdélyi OJ. and Erdélyi G.. (2020) The AI liability puzzle and a fund-based work-around. In AIES 2020 - Proceedings of the AAAI/ACM Conference on AI, Ethics, and Society: 50-56. http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/3375627.3375806.
- Erdelyi OJ. and Goldsmith J.. (2018) Regulating Artificial Intelligence: Proposal for a Global Solution. In Proceedings - AIES 2018: 95-101. http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/3278721.3278731.
- Baumeister D., Erdélyi G., Erdélyi OJ., Rothe J. and Selker AK. (2020) Complexity of control in judgment aggregation for uniform premise-based quota rules. Journal of Computer and System Sciences 112: 13-33. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jcss.2020.03.001.
- Abrahams N., Azzopardi M., Blackwood V., Erdelyi G., Erdelyi OJ., Guihot M., Lea G., Liddicoat J., Matthew A. and Smith Freehills H. (2019) Emerging Responses and Regulation. In Walsh T; Levy N; Bell G; Elliott A; Maclaurin J; Mareels IMY; Wood FM (Ed.), The Effective and Ethical Development of Artificial Intelligence An Opportunity to Improve Our Wellbeing: 132-153.
- Erdelyi O. (2019) Considerations on Regulating Artificial Intelligence in the Domestic and Global Context. In The Effective and Ethical Development of Artificial Intelligence: An Opportunity to Improve Our Wellbeing. Report for the Australian Council of Learned Academies.: 6.