ProfessorProfessor Ursula Cheer
Qualifications & Memberships
Research interests lie in a combination of Torts, such as Defamation, Civil Liberties, in particular, Censorship, Bill of Rights and the broad range of topics making up Media Law, such as Privacy, and regulatory systems such as the Broadcasting Standards Authority and the Press Council.
- Cheer U. (2022) International Update New Zealand media law update. Media and Arts Law Review 24(4): 302-315.
- Cheer U. (2022) International Update: New Zealand media law update. Media and Arts Law Review 25(1): 61-78.
- Cheer U. and Taylor L. (2022) Looking Back and Looking Forward: Challenging Legal Education by Interrogating the Law Learning Experience Before and After Graduation. Monash Law School, Melbourne: Australasian Law Academics Association Annual Conference, 7-9 Jul 2022.
- Sotardi V., Taylor L., Brogt E., Cheer U. and Baird N. (2022) Influences on students’ interest in a legal career, satisfaction with law school, & psychological distress: trends in New Zealand. Law Teacher 56(1): 67-89. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/03069400.2021.1968166.
- Taylor L. and Cheer U. (2022) Influences in Students' Interest in a Legal Career, Satisfaction with Law School & Psychological Distress: Trends in New Zealand. University of Sheffield: Legal Education for Wellbeing: Design, Delivery and Evaluation, 5-5 Apr 2022.